September 1, 2011

College and Spreading My Wings

Wow I can't believe it has been this long since I have written anything! There is so much that I want to type but I am sure that I am going to forget somethings.

First and most importantly, this country girl is now in a big city! I have moved half way across the country and a time zone away from my friends, family, town, and everything I have grown accustomed to. Instead of a home where I spent my nights with my Mom in the living room, I am living in a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment. I am currently enrolled in a animal science/pre vet degree program (is that really a big surprise? haha). But before I give the impression that I hate it here I have to say that I actually really like it here. Like it enough to see me living here? No way haha. I love Maine and will always love Maine and I want to live there. The apartment I am staying at is  beautiful, my room mate is awesome (she is a 4th year biology major and has a vehicle and lets me tag along on grocery trips and little errand runs). I really couldn't ask for a better room mate. School hasn't started yet, it starts next Wednesday (September 6th). I am taking genetics, horse management, introduction to animal science, issues in the environment, and a class about POULTRY! (Hey it was a 2 credit class and it seems like it would be fun!) It seems like a full load but I am very excited to start.

I can't say it has been easy adjusting to being here. I have to take two public buses to get to school, and not counting a school bus, I have never ridden a public bus before. Also around night time is when I start to miss home the most, because I know that is when I would usually be in the living room with at least my mom in the room with me. I know I will see them in December so that makes it much easier.

So before the horsey people who read my post start freaking out I DO have some horse news actually! I have applied and got a job at the equestrian center on campus! It seems like it will be a morning job (which I am totally gun-ho about) mucking stalls, grooming the horses, giving hay and grain, you know the basic stuff. But I will also be getting lessons! There is also a green horse at the barn who is super friendly that the center is in the process of getting her (her name is Desi) saddlebroke, and my boss said it's possible that I would be able to help with her training!

I figure when I am on campus and if I start feeling down I can just walk to the horses and I know I will start to feel better!

Well this is a quick snip of what is going on in my life :) I hope I start blogging more.

No comments:

Post a Comment