September 17, 2011

Summer Catch-Up

Its almost fall, school has started, but WAIT! I barley posted at all this summer, WHAT GIVES?!

Well this summer was like no other summer I have had in my life. Did it involve horses? No unfortunetly not, but none the less it was one of the best summers I have ever had.

What made it so special?
1) I got a job 77 miles away from my home. I was home only 2-3 days out of the week and sometimes I was home every other week. I decided to take a job up at a campground in the mountains. My job was to give out quarters to kids at the rec-hall (aka arcade), keep the two playgrounds clean, and also make sure kids follow the rules. If I never say "NO BIKES ON THE RAMP!" or "I'm sorry Sir/Ma'am, but there are no dogs allowed on the playground" again I will die a happy lady. The job had it's ups and downs like any other job, but I met some fantastic people and made some even greater friends. To begin with my "boss" Jennifer became like my second mother (I have never called any one my second mother before, it is big shoes to fill). Her daughter Jordan, became like the little sister I never had (Tia, your my twin you count as a different kind of little sister) ;-)

During my last week at camp and working I became friends with a great group of people, and I have never played so many consecutive games of pool in my life (haha thanks Austin)!

My job was a fantastic job, and even though there were times where I thought I should have stayed home instead to prepare to leave for college, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

Pictures of my summer:
My hammock, I spent many lunch breaks taking a nap in this hammock.

Oh did I mention I slept in a tent all summer?! YES! When I was at camp I only spent 1 week and 1 day actually sleeping in the camper.

The great group of friends I met during my last week!
Also I stayed with my Grandfather all summer (he owns a seasonal campsite at the campgrounds) and we do a moose/deer count every summer. When I left I was up to 16 moose and 3 deer...Pep was up to 40 something moose and only 5 deer.

It was a fantastic summer and it has been so different then any other summer I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment