June 15, 2012

Swithed Roles

My Grandmother would have a fit if she found out I blogged about her, but I'm going to do it anyways.
This week I have found that the roles have been switched. All through my six surgeries my Grandmother has been one of the people who took care of me, and did such a wonderful job. On Tuesday Mem had knee replacement surgery and she came home today.

She is doing great, but I have no idea how she was able to take such great care of me when I was going around on crutches, and even hoping around the house on one foot. I can't even watch her walk without picturing her falling down and I worry way to much. I am trying to hide it but I am not doing that good of a job. Instead of breaking down I am constantly asking her if she needs anything. Today she has had an up and down temp which I am pretty sure it is NOT due to an infection, but I don't know how to make her feel better. I know I know I can't make her feel better but I want to.

It is hard seeing one of the strongest people I know using a walker to get around and even just feeling sick. I do not know how parents do this for there kids.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment