November 27, 2011

Big Decision

I have made a big decision in the past two days, and one I haven't 100% committed on though.

I have been in MN since August and I have loved it. I love going to school here, but there are a few things I feel like I would like different.
1) My room mate is a senior, and she isn't going to be around next year, and I really do feel like the chances of me getting a good room mate again are slim.
2) I am paying about 23K to go to school.
3) I don't have my car with me, I miss my car and I am getting tired of buses.
4) I'm so far away from family. I'm not saying I am homesick but I'm beginning to realize that if heaven for bid something happens to one of my family members, it isn't very easy to just hop on a plane.

I have been doing some research and I have decided I am going to try to get into a University in Maine that offers a pre vet program. By doing this I would be paying 13K instead of 23K (including dorms and meal plan), I'd have my car, I can get a good solid job, and have vet experience all year round and instead of during the summer.

Tonight I talked to my mom and she is supporting me what ever I plan to do (have I mentioned she is AMAZING?!)

Again, I do not regret coming here! I have emersed myself into this experience and I have loved every minute of it and I am so glad that I came here, but I think being closer to home would be a better decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment