April 22, 2012

Frustration

I am beyond frustrated right now, and yes I am going to post it on my blog.
I am going to start by stating the obvious, but please bear with me.
I have been working at the equine center since BEFORE the fall semester started. Yep, I was in MN for three days and I then got this job. Slowly since I have worked here my boss has asked me to do numerous management things. At first I was ecstatic, some responsability was exactly what I was striving for, and I wanted to prove that I could be a great employee. First it started out with putting the schedule for feedings on an online calendar. This became a problem right off because students never took me seriously when I would e mail them needing to know what days they were working. Rarely did I get a reply back on the first e mail, and after 5 e mails easily the excuse was always the same "I never got your e mail"...well I would ALWAYS CC my boss and she always got the e mails, so some how I had a hard time believing that.

Fast forward to know...this problem has been on going and I am at my witts end. I am so glad that Saddie is here because people take her seriously. Currently we have numerous employees/volunteers working at the barn, and on some shifts we would have 1-4 people working at one time. At first it was okay, but then we slowly began to realize that they people working the same shifts never communicated. Thus person A would go out to the barn before the other people and feed, and then persons B and C would come at the same time, not knowing person A was there, and feed....you see my problem? It got very noticeble once three horses were on grain. Legend has 1 cup in the morning with his vitamin E supplement, Maddie is now on 2 cups in the AM and PM with vitamin E supplement in the AM, and Rollo is on 6 cups of grain in the AM and PM with vitamin E supplement in the AM. All of a sudden we have gone through 100 lbs of grain...easily 30 lbs over what we should be going through. About a week or so ago Saddie asked me to start thinning out the schedule since people obviously can't do their jobs correctly if there are 3 people on one shift. So I sent out e mails...guess how many responses I got...ZERO!!! Saddie calls me up and asked me if I sent e mails out and I said yes, but like always no one replied.

Saddie wasn't mad at me by any means, she knows this has been an on going problem. I am just so frustrated because one day a horse is going to get sick or colic or SOMETHING and I feel like it's going to be my fault. Is it my fault that no one responds to e mails? I don't know maybe I should write from now on "REPLY OR YOU ARE FIRED!!!!"

I am so glad I only have 2 weeks left of work there. I love working there, but I can't stand the workers. If I was here for more than 2 weeks I would say I'm done. I don't understand why these people think my e mails are jokes and can be ignored and I can't imagine what these people are going to be like when they go out into the real world.....

*still fuming*

No comments:

Post a Comment