January 3, 2011

Getting back into shape

Last night I made kind of a new years resolution, but more of a "while I'm gimpy" resolution, to get back into shape. I did mention when I went through my depression spurt that I did 30 sit-ups and some leg exercises. Well from that point on I did 0 sit-ups and just stuck to my leg exercises, and even then it wasn't consistent. So, last night my got my lazy arse into my room, but my body pillow on the floor for me to use as a mat and decided that I was going to do 100 sit-ups. I did those 100, talked to my friend Chris, then decided I could go for some more, so I did 150. I stopped there because I didn't want to do too many then not be able to function this morning. Next I did 5 sets of my leg exercises, where I lift both feet/legs 6 inches off the floor, keep them together then spread them apart, put them back together, lift one leg, bring it down, lift my other leg and bring it down. That is one rep. Its a great lower ab and leg exercise, one I learned from young marines. I so miss the days I could do 200 sit-ups in 2 minutes. I'm hoping I can stick to this until I'm back in the saddle, and even after then because I know being fit helps my riding so much.

Just a little post tonight.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame you're way up there. We could do our exercises together and cheer each other on.

    ReplyDelete