December 17, 2010

Just because I can...

Just because I can, I am going to post a SECOND post in the same day.

I ended up being super bored, whats new right?, so I started reading some horse blogs that I'm following and Freaking A I should know better! Wish I could say thats the end of my rant but its far from it!

I miss the barn! I stopped working there because
A. School was getting busy
B. My work was starting to get super busy

It seemed that as soon as I quit my barn job everything quited down. I know it was something I had to do but I've regretted doing it ever since! I miss having the horses listen to all my complaints and rants and problems and just listening quietly and twitching their ears which made it seem like they are listening.

I miss the being able to ride all the time. I was able to ride because I was already THERE and now when I ask, well before my surgery, my mom if I can go ride it was always a groan and it felt like my old boss didn't seem as eager as she use to be to let me ride, but that could just be my perception.

Then I start reading blogs and start wishing how I could be riding and how I could at least CANTER while so many people are off doing cross country, endurance, and eventing shows <.< I'm not saying they shouldn't that is GREAT for them, its just on the outside looking in I guess.

I miss Ranger a TON :( I was looking through some photos on my camera and I found two pictures of Ranger that I failed to upload to Facebook. Ranger, is my main theme haha. Can't believe how attached I am to that horse its ridiculous. What happens when he moves back home to New Hampshire, what happens when I go to Minnesota for college?

I might have an opertunity to work for a Mustang Rescue in Maine this summer. I am still talking to the owner and want to plan a visit, oh and still have to talk to my mom. I won't get riding lessons, but I'm going to be able to learn how to train a horse, and learn the aspects of running a rescue, on top of mucking stalls! Love doing the down right and dirty work, because well, I'm weird like that!

Okay sorry for the ranting but thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the rescue. Be sure you check that they are registered so you're definitely working for a rescue and not a 'rescue'. You'll learn a ton that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I tell if they are registered?

    ReplyDelete