December 8, 2010

Stressed, and two days to go.

I got to ride only one time this week. I wanted to be able to ride at least twice, once on Monday and once today, but today didn't happen with my psychology paper(s) going on.

So far I have managed to complete my 15 page psychology final, 2 page biology paper, and take all my finals. The only thing left to do is to type my conclusion on my psychology term paper and I will be done. Thank goodness because I can feel the stress getting to me.

As I mentioned, I rode on Monday. I got to ride Ranger which was great because I know I won't be seeing him for at least a week or so.

I got to the barn just after five. Want to know how determined I was to ride? It snowed and was super slippery on the roads on Monday, our first snow fall yay!, but goign to the barn was a very slow process and I found myself sliding on the road twice, BUT I was determined to ride. I also had my papers at home waiting for me to finish them.

Needless to say my mom was not impressed that I went riding when my papers were not done, but what can I say, I need to ride.

So, where was I? Oh yes, I got to the barn and survived the ride there. I helped M. bring in the horses. We got all the horses in and I went to go get Ranger and I saw that he was an iceicle! M. reminded me that I needed to get all the ice/snow/excess water off of him before we could ride. How long did it take me to accomplish this? Close to an hour! To get him defrosted and tacked up.

M. had mentioned in my lesson that Saturday before that Ranger had been Mr. Speed Demond and actually caused a girl to fall off of him. I was sort of suprised to hear this, but I know how horses can be and even the most calm and gentle ones have their off days. M. told me to be extra careful and not to let him be Mr. Speedy.

Well needless to say, I got on him and he was a very good boy! We did some extra warming up and stretching espically since it was roughly 20 degrees out. After our warm up I worked on trotting and asking him to go from trot to walk without using much rein and we did very good! He would even hault from a walk without me using any rein at all.

There was a couple times where he would get into his speedy modes, but he would always slow down to a nice little trot when I whispered "slow".

And like the past few times that I have been riding, I made myself do some no stirrup work at the walk and trot. My balance was a little off at first but it did get better and after a while I went back to the stirrups and did some more trotting. At the end I took some time to really cool him off. He didn't need a cooler because I never work him hard enough to sweat, maybe thats why he likes me so much! xD

My surgery is in 2 days and last night I didn't sleep well at ALL. I think it is because of the surgery and my stress.

Mom's going to help me finish up this paper! Hopefully I'll finish this post later tonight :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment