December 18, 2010

Little more chipper.

So unlike yesterday, I am in a decent mood today.

I woke up at first today thinking "Oh great another boring day as Gimpy", almost forgetting about what I was going to do today.

No I'm not going to see Ranger, well maybe tonight, but no I am going to see my Grandfather's Aunt! She is 92 years old and living in a nursing home because she has Alzheimer. Her home is having a Chirstmas party that I was invited too and I jumped at the opportunity to get out of the house.

It makes me laugh because since my surgery, 8 days ago, I have yet to wear anything but sweat pants and PJs because well, thats the only thing that fits comfortably over my walking cast. Thinking about this brought back a memory of my Aunt L. I was visiting her at the other home she was at and she has a room mate who was more deaf than a wall, it was cute in a way. Well her room mate would always go to breakfast in her night gown and one day while I was visiting, the lady came back and my Aunt L. freaked out on her. She was saying "How can you go out looking like that? In your night gown?? Your suppose to get dressed!" My Aunt L. grew up being very particular and lady like so going out in a night gown NEVER happened. Well this lady goes "What?" and my Aunt L. says "Put your hearing aids in you old bat!"

Now set aside your first impressions of this lady, she is usually really sweet and nice! I had never seen this side of her before, and I was almost afraid that my Aunt L would start throwing punches. It was very funny!

Well I'm off to the Christmas party, and more than likely explain 100 times what happened to my foot. I'm thinking about coming up with another story saying I fell down stairs instead of saying I had surgery and why blah blah blah. It gets old after a while. Either that or I'm going to print off 1000 typed pages of what happened and just pass them out as people ask me.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment