So I borrowed this Challenge piece from my friend Erin from NowTHATSaTrot, and she borrowed it from Hydrant Girl (give credit where credit is due!) I have been pretty inactive in my blog but I hope this 30 day challenge will change that and hopefully I will get some more readers!
Day 1-Introduction, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you’ve traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you’re afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you’re looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you’ve learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
So Day 1: Introduction, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Hey, I am Stasha. I am 19 years old and I live in Maine. I love the outdoors and my family. Currently I have been riding horses regularly for a year now. I also worked at the horse barn that I rode at for a year, but as life happens I needed to move on to another job and my schooling. Since 6th grade I had always dreamed about coming a pharmacist, like my Aunt, but after many days of deliberating and really looking at myself I realized how crazy I would go working inside everyday. So what am I going to do? VET SCHOOL! I have four main life focuses in life. And in order of priorities, family, school, alpacas and horses (alpacas and horses are in a tie for 3rd and 4th I can't possibly place one over the other). My Aunt and Uncle have owned alpacas for 5 years roughly now. They are up to 52 alpacas in the herd. When I get older I dream to own alpacas and horses and be a vet!
This picture is from three days ago. I love crocheting and I am trying to sell this hat :)
Now for 15 interesting facts, err pardon me they might not be THAT interesting just bear with me!
1) I'm a...TWIN! My twin sister Tia is my best friend IN THE WORLD! No we do not have twin telepathy even though from time to time we do finish each other's sentences.
2) I have lived in Maine all my life and love this amazing state! Even though I have such an urge to go out and see the states, my family is here, and I could never leave forever.
3) I have two dogs and a cat. Louie and Sissy are cocker spaniel X dash hound mixes and my cat is named Jasmine. We rescued my two dogs after they were thrown from a car on a lady's yard. Sissy broke her elbow in consequence of this and you can tell they were abused but they have come such a long way!
4) I am very unlike girls my age. I am very independent and mature for my age (this coming from other people not my quotes haha). In high school I didn't put up with drama which came across as me being a b**** which was never my intentions but I'm glad people left me alone because I could focus on my schooling more.
5) Family is my LIFE! I wasn't always this way though. I cannot really pinpoint of when I realized how important family was, it was around when my dad walked out. Due to this I became really close to my Uncle, who became the father I lost, even though I knew he could never replace him.
6) I have had 4, going on 5 on December 10th, surgeries and all on my feet. No it wasn't a horse accident that caused this, even though that would make for a much interesting story, I was born with very high arches. The problem started off in 4th grade when I wanted to get down to recess to grab the swings first (because if you got the swings you were COOL!) and so in order to do that I needed to get down four flights of stairs faster than anyone else! I was on a mission here!! So I jumped down a FULL flight of stairs..consisting of 8 stairs or so, and I landed wrong on my foot and ended up breaking the growth plate in my right foot. Since that part in my life I had started spraining my ankles on a regular basis and my hips started hurting. After two doctors I finally saw a specialist who found out my problem from one walk down the hall way and I was put into orthodics for my shoes. Those worked up until my eigth grade year, when my hip started hurting again and I was spraining my ankles again. So my old specialist moved out of the state so I saw another one who opted for surgery. We decided on the less extensive surgery which consisted of cutting and lengthening my arch, lengthening my Achilles tendon, and re-rooting my big toe tendon. That worked for a few months until after I started walking more and my ankle would keep popping out of place, come to find out my tendons in my ankle were now like spaghetti after being stretched all those years, so the doctor went and shortened all the tendons and had to put a graph to hold the tendons there. After six months or so the graph popped out of place and it was back to put a new one in. After another six months it seemed like my right foot was FINALLY fixed. So we went to the left, and decided to do some bone breaking instead. So we broke the top of my foot, lowered my arch, cut the arch muscle, and put a screw in my foot. WORKED WONDERS! Now my right foot is going to get the same treatment because I find that if I work all day I almost can not walk the next morning. (Hope your still reading and not bored out of your mind!)
7) My Aunt and Uncle own alpacas, and have for 5 years roughly.
8) I am utterly in love with a horse named Ranger. He is a 25+ year old Morgan Quarter Horse cross. He has stolen my heart and has taught me so much.
9) My Mom is my hero. She raised THREE teenage girls who were one year apart in age!
10) My grandparents live right next door to me which is the best thing in the world! I think all kids should live next to their grandparents.
11) Technically, I'm not suppose to be alive. I was born 2 months early along with my twin and I wasn't breathing when I was born and spent most of my first year of life in ICU or in a hospital. Even after going home I would break out in random high temperatures and it was back to the hospital.
12) I was apart of a program called the Young Marines for eight years! I joined in 2002 after I was desperately looking for something to do in my free time and there was NO WAY I was goign to be a girl scout and wear a skirt. You would have to kill me first. So I joined the Young Marines, my twin right beside me. I graduated out of boot camp second best and skipped a rank. After eight years or hard dedication I rose to be the leader of the company and made it to First Sgt.
13) I am super clumsy!! I have "accidently purposefully" tripped myself. It was very funny. I was telling my friend how funny it would be if I tripped in front of the cafeteria door and was just going to pretend to trip over my foot but my foot ended up getting wedged underneath my other foot and so I actually did trip myself xD
14) After being on crutches for uncounted days, I am more stable and more talented on crutches then I am on my own two feet. I can do almost anything on crutches xD
15) I am in no way shape or form a girly girl! I have JUST STARTED actually taking care of my hair and wearing eye liner! I very much dislike ditsyness. I was the kid in school that enjoyed chucking balls at girls in high school gym to hear them scream like babies xD