November 8, 2010

Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy

Well, there are so many things that make me happy in life, its so hard to pick just one thing. But I guess at this point in my life the one thing that brings the most happiness to my life is

Ranger and I at our first show!
One of Ranger's many personalities.

RANGER! No surprise there for people who know me! Ranger has not only taught me so much about horses and riding, he has been my best bud through it all. He also puts up with my inexperience and for the most part lets me make my mistakes and he doesn't give me too much of an attitude.

The first photo is from my first horse show ever and Ranger's first horse show in many years. I can not say that this show went perfectly, there was a time that I was ready to give up and just sit out the rest of my shows. Ranger had gotten very skittish and spooky and it worried, espically when he won't let me mount on top of him. He always stood nice and calm but at that show he wasn't about to stand still. When I finally got on top of him he was very questionable about everything and wasn't listening very well. Who knows I was probably sending mixed messages also because I was so nervous myself. So I got on him and headed towards the warm up ring. We had a good 15 minutes until our show but I got him in that ring along with some other horses from the barn and I worked him. I didn't stop working when he started listening to me, I kept him working up until our show was up. By this time he was very calm and he was the old man that I so much adore! He taught me that day that even if I'm very scared and nervous I can't back down because I can do it!

The second picture is of Ranger on the cross ties. That day was very funny. He wasn't about to give me the opportunity to take a nice picture of him so he always had his "dumb face" on. Here he was yawning and I found it so funny. Ranger is constantly making me laugh and smile. He has helped me through two break-ups, school stress, and numerous family issues. I'm not sure where I would be without Ranger, but I do know I wouldn't be where I am today.

This is what Ranger looks like when he wants to stand nice for me :) 
Note: A girl at the barn had to walk buy and throw her hands up and go "HEY RANGER!" in order to get this =D

1 comment: