November 16, 2010

Day 15-Bible verse

I'm sitting here and dreading this post. I am in no way shape or form a religious person, and I have NO idea what my favorite verse would be. Growing up, my mom didn't go to church so naturally I didn't. My Dad never started going to church until he married his wife, and she and her family were very religious. When I was at my Dad's house, we were given the option to go to church or not. Great huh? No not so much. If we stayed home from church we had to clean the whole house, which to be honest, never got cleaned unless one of my sisters and I stayed away from church to clean it. So it was either go to church and fall asleep and be bored out of my silly young mind, or clean a house. Most of the time I opted to stay at the house and clean. I couldn't stand listening to someone tell me what to believe in and about this "being" that is there but there is no actual proof.


Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a greater power out there, but I'm very skeptical and I have critical thinking skills and if there isn't solid proof to back up a theory, I have a hard time believing it.


So please forgive me for being very elusive with this verse. I just picked it because it sounded cool.


Jeremiah 8:16 The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones; for they are come, and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those that dwell therein.


Again, I apologize!

No comments:

Post a Comment